I have always enjoyed going out in a caravan. There are some of my friends who also accompany me and they enjoy every bit. But I need to do a lot of planning before venturing out. A caravan can be parked besides a lake or in between a mountain but there are things which should be there inside. Recently I went for a month-long tour across the outback and missed many things. Then I thought to make an exhaustive list of articles to be carried. Here is the list of 5 essentials for a caravan holiday.
- A Satellite Phone – Normal phones may or may not work in wilderness. Do not take chances. Carrying a satellite phone is a necessity when you are travelling. There is a new gadget which can turn your iPhone into satellite phone.
- Power Inverter – Batteries can be charged using the Caravan engine, and to light the interiors during night you would require a power inverter.
- Portable Solar Panels – This is the free way to charge. Portable solar panels help to charge batteries and also heat water without worrying about the fuel. Here is a nice deal. Use the solar energy which is in fact the original source.
- First Aid Kit – An essential item for every travel, but for caravan travel it becomes very necessary. When you are camping 100 miles away from nearest town it can help. Make a kit after a check up with the doctor to ensure that the first aid kit is complete.
- Water – Store at least 80 liter water and refill when you are near a town. Every individual requires 4 liters of water daily just for drinking.
Is there anything you would add to the list? Let me know.