When I talk to my friends I find that quite a few of them turn their noses up at camping or caravanning. My guess is that they think its for those who are battling. They don’t know what they’re missing. If I had pots of money and could stay in 5 star luxury, I would still choose camping, because I’m an outdoor lover and I certainly get my rewards. I find caravanning a fantastic way of pulling into any campsite that takes your fancy, and doing just what you want and when you want. I’ve seen far more places this way than some of my friends who seem to spend all their time saving for that bit of luxury they insist on.
Australia is such a huge country with plenty of opportunity for enjoying the splendour of good weather, of nature, and of course its simplicity. For me there is nothing nicer than sitting in a comfy camp-chair with a crackling fire, and listening to the sounds of the night or even the ocean as you enjoy simple but delicious food on your lap. This is such an enjoyable, relaxing and affordable way to see our country, and with a little bit of planning, you make sure that each spot you choose will live up to your expectations.
Backpacking is fun, but how do you keep the fun flowing if you are on a budget. You still want to follow your favorite pastime? Here are few tips to backpack but do it the economic way.
- Carry energy bars – Skip the afternoon meal and carry chocolate bars to keep up the energy. Lunch is the most expensive food when you are backpacking.
- Do not drink at a pub – Drinking at a pub will cost you money. Instead you can buy the alcohol at the local store. Then you can just enjoy your evening with your drink in your camp. Economic way for intoxication.
- Use Public Transport in the city – Taxi always are expensive. So, while in the city use public transport. You will see the city better and save lots of money in the process too. Walk short distances to save money too.
- Pack less things – While packing make sure you are not packing a horde. Pack only essentials. More the backpack is heavy and exceeds the allowed luggage limit of the airline you will have to pay more. So weigh your backpack before embarking on the journey and skip paying extra.
- Do not bring valuable articles – Backpacking does not require flaunting jewelry. Just keep them at home. You might lose them in a hurry and be at loss.
- Cook in your camp – Carry the camper’s stove and use it to cook food at your campsite. You will save valuable dollars when not eating out.Just be a bit aware not to carry matches in an airline. It is not allowed.